Oliver is a trustworthy, tenacious, and plucky little green engine. He escaped from from his old line after his old manager sent him for scrap. Luckily, Douglas found him in time and he escaped to the North Western Railway and was given an overhaul. He now works happily on Duck's Branch line with Duck, Donald, and Douglas. Oliver is an engine who is willing to admit every day is a learning curve. When he was still new to Sodor, he had issues doubting himself. But later, He proved tank engines could be just as useful as tender engines. Oliver also has two autocoaches and a brakevan who he shares with Douglas.
Oliver is a Great Western Railway 14xx auto tank engine.
- Oliver's Determination
- The Story of Adam (mentioned)
- Toby the Brakevan (deleted scene; cameo)
- Percy Plows The Field (cameo)
- The Jinxed Station (deleted scene; cameo)
- Close Shave For Duck (deleted scene; cameo)
- Diesel's Devious Deed (deleted scene; cameo)
- ilovetrains323, the creator of Thomas: The Trainz Adventures, has stated that Oliver is one of his favorite engines.